I recently gave a short talk on job automation. It was really well received, so I'm sharing it here.
- Prediction: 47% of jobs are highly likely to be replaced in the next 10-20 years. Frey & Osborne, 2013 [PDF] [via The Atlantic]
- Daimler's self-driving semi-truck. O'Kane, 2015 [The Verge]
- Claim: driving in traffic is insusceptible to automation. Levy & Murnane, 1994 [Google Books]
- AP has been writing business quarterly earnings reports since July 2014. AP, 2014 [AP]
- AP has been covering college sports since Spring 2015. Finley, 2015 [Wired]
- High frequency trading accounted for 51% of all US stocks traded in 2012, down from 61% in 2009. Tabb Group, 2012 [NYTimes]